Fraser Health currently has an interesting opportunity for you to become part of our team of Physiotherapist at our Home Health Office at New Westminster.
If you are searching for ways to transform your physiotherapy practice into a new level and become part of a team and an organization that takes points of pride in building an excellent workplace, then Fraser Health Careers will be the best place to be.
New Westminster is located on a hillside before the Fraser River, it’s the oldest incorporated city in BC which was once the provincial capital, and known as an urban hub of the Lower Mainland.
The popular Royal City began as a pioneer settlement and developed into a stately Victorian city until it remains graced today with many grand Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings.
About Fraser Health Authority
Fraser Health is among Canada’s largest and fastest-growing health authorities having more than 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians, and nearly 6,500 volunteers. We serve more than 1.6 million people which is more than one-third of the whole population in British Columbia.
Fraser Health spans from Metro Vancouver to the Fraser Valley and consist of 12 acute care hospitals, which offers a wide range of services in home health, public health, mental health, and residential care facilities, and owns the first BC’s dedicated outpatient care and surgery center.
Aside from recognition as one of the most attractive places to live in the world, Metro Vancouver gives you inspiring scenery, flexible access to an abundance of outdoor activities, including a diverse urban lifestyle.
We are proud to emphasize on the innovation, dedication, professionalism, and tenacity of our physicians, employees, and volunteers. It’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct more than any building or technology.
Joining Us As Physiotherapist will Allow You:
- Assess clients’ physical status, functional abilities, their needs, and goals for improving, maintain or support physical performance in community environments.
- Provide patient diagnosis, prognosis and improve short and long term goals in order to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Educate patients and caregivers about certain medical equipment, adaptations, and aids, in order to promote optimal client mobility, independence, and safety.
- Collaborate and interact with the family member, caregiver or community health worker so as to ensure appropriate delegation of tasks.
- Maintaining seamless quality patient care through identifying good referrals for physiotherapy services in the community.
- Render in-services and physiotherapy information to a range of healthcare teams and attend meetings as a physiotherapy representative.
- Participates in team or program activities that are necessary to improve and optimize the delivery of care and provide evidence-based practice for the Home Health programs.
- Participates in interprofessional research, approved physical therapy, special projects, and committees as well as professional practice councils.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Fraser Health Physiotherapist is expected to have current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) along with two (2) years post-graduate experience in a community, geriatric or rehabilitation environment.
Fraser Health Physiotherapist should have proven abilities in:
- Understands physiotherapy theory and practice in a patient and family-centered model of care.
- Strong knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice as well as practice guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Vast knowledge of various medical professions and their role in giving patient care.
- Ability to effectively communicate respectfully with patients and all members of the interprofessional care team, both verbally in a one-on-one situation and in groups as well as in writing.
- Comfortable with teaching patients, caregivers, rehabilitation assistants, including other health care providers.
- Independent work-ability and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to adjust to unexpected events and establish workload priorities.
Have we motivated you in seeking more about joining this amazing team? Do you Want to know more? Then, take the next step forward and apply so we can continue this conversation.
We have for you the best way you can find a job in Canada. Including everything, you will need now on how to get a work visa to Canada.
Fraser Health Careers values workforce diversity and focus at maintaining an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Employment Type: Part-Time
Salary Rate: $35.05 – $43.73 per hour
Hours of Work: 08:30-16:30 M